We at Kelvin Engineering Ltd respect and value your privacy. We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, share, use and protect your personal information.
1. What personal information do we collect and why?
- We collect only information required to perform services that you have asked us for. We will record personal details such as names, telephone numbers, email addresses and on occasion proof of identity over and above that available in the public domain.
- When you visit our websites our webservers will temporarily record technical details including the IP-address of your computer or device or the type of browser and operating system you use to make our websites available to you. When you access our website from a mobile device we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings.
- When you register with one of our services we may collect the following information from you: your name, your contact details including your e-mail address and telephone number, details on the company you work with, the user name you chose as well as your password. When you use our services after login we will collect information on your use of our services.
2. What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We deem that having engaged our services our legal basis for collecting your personal information is either under contract or legitimate interests, if you wish to contest this we would ask you to discuss this with us, you have the right to data erasure at any time.
3. What information do we share, with whom and why?
- In order to provide you with our services, your personal information may be shared with other companies both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (i.e. all countries of the European Union together with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). We aim at safeguarding your personal information and will ensure that it is adequately protected at any time.
- When we ask third parties to provide us with services for example with regard to haulage, consumable supplies or engineering services, we provide only information that is necessary, such as personal contact information in order for them to carry out services as required.
- If you make a request regarding our products, we may share your contact details and the request you made with our local agents to enable them to handle your request and provide you with the required information.
- We will further disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or administrative or court order.
- Other than that we will not share your personal information unless we have your express consent to do so.
There are three types of Cookies: Session Cookies, Permanent Cookies and Third-Party Cookies.
- Most Cookies used by our websites are Session Cookies. Session Cookies allow our websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They are used for a variety of purposes such as remembering your language settings. Session Cookies expire after a browser session and will not be stored for a longer term. We use Session Cookies to help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use our websites navigating from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
- Persistent Cookies are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user to be remembered across our websites. We use Persistent Cookies in particular to remember your preferences and choices when you use our websites so that you do not have to input your details multiple times, to remember how you have customised your use of our websites and to compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use the website and help us improve the structure of our website.
You may opt out of Google Analytics by using the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
For more information on Cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
5. What are my rights under this Policy?
- You may demand access to and deletion or blocking of the personal information we hold about you. Please contact to make such request.
- Keeping your information up-to date is very important to us. Please let us know if any of your personal information, e.g. your contact details, have changed. We will then update the information we hold about you.
- You may opt-out of marketing. If you have registered for one of our marketing services, such as regular newsletters, you may opt out of marketing by sending an e-mail to or clicking on the unsubscribe link that is provided to you at the footer of every newsletter.
6. What about data security?
We have implemented extensive technical and organisational measures to ensure your personal information is safely protected at any time. These measures are subject to regular reviews and are adapted according to safety requirements. Safety measures we have adapted are:
- Protecting data against accidental loss
- Prevention of unauthorised access, use or disclosure of personal information
- We train staff and contractors on data security
- We manage third party risks, through use of restricting information to essential data only.
7. How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations and provide ongoing services that you have engaged us to do in the past. At the time we become aware that you no longer require any of our products or services that we provide, your data will be deleted from our data base.
Data will be securely disposed of via the most appropriate secure method, either physical or by secure data wiping.
8. Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR, we respect your rights of data access and control to your personal data. In essence, you have the right to:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
There are circumstances where we will be unable to delete data as we are required to keep this by law.
9. Other websites
This Policy does not apply to websites that are not provided by kelvinengineering.co.uk. We are not responsible for the content or data protection practices of any other website. If you link to or otherwise visit any other website, please review the privacy policies posted at such website.
10. Updates of this Policy
We will review this Policy regularly and update it whenever necessary. We will post such changes on this website.
11. Who may I contact if I have any questions?
Kelvin Engineering Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1342 832101